We are so excited that we have been able to open the doors of the Community House after closing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Here at the House we have implemented new systems and cleaning regime that ensures the House is always sterilized and clean. Class sizes have been limited and we have mapped out the House to ensure we are adhering to the strict social distancing guidelines
Neighbourhood Houses are not-for-profit centres where people of all abilities, backgrounds and ages can come to:
- meet, talk and make friends
- develop new skills
- transition to work and further study
- become involved in community events
- find out about other services or activities in the area
- join a class or support group
- take up an activity for fun and enjoyment.
Leongatha Community House is one of over 350 Neighbourhood Houses across Victoria providing services to local communities. In 2016 we celebrated our 35th year since becoming incorporated. Members of the community are invited to get involved at Leongatha Community House by:
- becoming a member
- joining in an activity
- being a volunteer
- dropping in to have a cuppa and a chat.
Leongatha Community House – YOUR community house!